We are always looking for volunteers to help with our various projects. If you are committed and interested in the work that we do and make a commitment to volunteer at least 2 hours a week, please ring and speak to the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
In return, you will receive training, supervision and support and, after 6 months, a reference for future employment.
Requirement for volunteers:
- Awareness of cultural differences
- Good listening skills Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak at least one Asian Language would be desirable
- Willingness to travel within Coventry for outreach work
- Non-judgemental and non-directive approach
- Ability to use supervision constructively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to record accurate information on Contact sheet with assistance if required
- Commitment and honest approach to work
- Ability to keep Sahil office staff informed of any issues and areas of concerns, which you may have with regards to Service Users, on a weekly basis
- Basic counselling skills
- Emergency first aid
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Stress management/ assertiveness
- Understanding mental health
- Domestic violence
Application packs are available from the Sahil Project office at 449 Foleshill Road, Coventry CV6 5AQ.