Sahil is a South Asian mental health and wellbeing support centre providing services across Coventry and Warwickshire. For the last over 27 years we have provided high quality, accessible culturally appropriates services to women, and in 2012 we have launched a South Asian Men’s Project which is delivered in a satellite venues.
The project initially started as a telephone helpline to address wide range of issues faced by women from Black Minority Ethnic Communities especially from the Asian Sub-Continent. The Project toady provides a very broad array of practical and emotional support to women and men from the South Asian Communities. We provide practical and emotional support to build confidence and resilience, reduce isolation and support an individual towards empowerment and recovery.
- Day Drop in: Information, Advice, and Signposting
- One to one support : Individualised wellbeing support plans
- Therapeutic Counselling: appointments only
- Peer-support groups: Individual and community advocacy support
- Outreach support: home visits, and satellite venues
- Complimentary Therapies: appointments only
- Train and recruit Volunteers: Structured training package
- Social Inclusion Project.
We provide a quality service; in-depth practical and emotional support; promote access to mainstream services and run programmes to raise self esteem thus empowering and enabling confidence building to take place. We also actively network and work in partnership with other groups to promote social inclusion and address inequalities.