The happiness of others liftsabove ourselves
We are always looking for Volunteers to help with our various projects. If you are committed and interested in the work that we do and make a commitment to volunteer at least 2 hours a week, please ring and speak to the Volunteer coordinator.
In return, you will receive training, supervision, and support and, after 6 months, a reference for Future Employment.
Requirement for Volunteers
- Awareness of cultural differences
- Good listening skills Ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to speak at least one Asian language would be desirable
- Willingness to travel within Coventry for outreach work
- The non-judgmental and non-directive approach
- Ability to use supervision constructively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to record accurate information on a Contact sheet with assistance if required
- Commitment and honest approach to work
- Ability to keep Sahil office staff informed of any issues and areas of concerns, which you may have with regards to Service Users, on a weekly basis
Volunteer as Individual
We’ll review your application and let you know if we have a project that fits your skills, interests, and availability.
- Register as a volunteer by completing the Sahil Volunteer Application.
- Submit your application along with a scanned copy of your photo ID.
- A volunteer administrator at Sahilwill verify your identity and register you in our volunteer database.
Our training includes;
- Basic counseling skills
- Emergency first aid
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Stress management/ assertiveness
- Understanding mental health
- Domestic violence
Application packs are also available from the Sahil Project office at 449 Foleshill Road, Coventry CV6 5AQ.